I LOVE fresh mint! It is so easy to grow yourself in a garden or even in pots on your back deck in the summer time. Did you know that mint has many amazing health benefits? It can be so much more than the start to a great mojito!
Here are some of the great health benefits of mint:
- Clears up congestion in lungs, throat and nose
- Helps prevent cancer
- Natural stimulant which relieves fatigue and depression
- Improves oral health and freshens breath
- Relives acne
- Promotes digestion
- Helps eliminate headaches
Peppermint tea is one of my favorite ways to get a dose of mint in my diet. I also love this watermelon mint salad recipe from foodandwine.com. It’s great to bring along for a summer BBQ! Enjoy!
- 8 cups seedless watermelon chunks (1 inch), from a 6-pound melon
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, torn
- In a large bowl, toss the watermelon with the lime juice and cayenne. Fold in the mint leaves, season with salt and serve.
The watermelon salad can be refrigerated overnight. Fold in the torn mint leaves just before serving.