This side dish is a great recipe to bring along to spring & summer BBQ’s with friends! Everyone always loves spinach & artichoke dip, and now you can make it without all the unhealthy junk!
- 14 oz. artichoke hearts
- 3 cups baby spinach, blanched
- 1/2 white onion, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 thick slices of bacon, cut into small pieces
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Sauté the bacon bits in a skillet placed over a medium- heat until the bacon begins to brown.
- Add in the onion and garlic and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add in the artichokes and spinach and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool.
- Pour in the coconut milk and combine well.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 min, and serve with fresh vegetables.