Here’s a great recipe to help you cool down as the weather heats up. It can be served warm or over ice, but when it’s hot out, I prefer it ice cold. Turmeric is a great natural anti-inflammatory and this is absolutely delicious! I found this recipe on thefullhelping.com. I just let it cool and serve over ice during the hot summer months. Enjoy!
- 2 cups almond milk (rice milk, soy milk, coconut milk, and any other non-dairy milks are a fine substitute)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger, or 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder (optional)
- 2 pitted medjool dates or 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender. Transfer the mixture to a small pot and heat gently, stirring often. Serve warm.