This Paleo-friendly Honey Sesame Chicken from Primalbitesblog.com is AMAZING!!! The perfect fall meal!
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1 egg, whisked
- ¼ cup arrowroot or tapioca starch
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp coconut oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp grated ginger root
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp water+ 1 tsp arrowroot or tapioca starch (whisked together to make a slurry)
- Chop the chicken breast into 1 inch cubes. Toss chopped chicken in the whisked egg.
- Move chicken to a large bowl, sprinkle the starch over it, and then toss to evenly distribute the starch so that the chicken pieces are coated in an egg-starch mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large pan. Pour the chicken into the pan with any remaining egg-starch mixture. Fry for 7-10 minutes, until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a small pot, heat 1 tsp coconut oil, then add the minced garlic and grated ginger. Saute over medium heat for a minute or so, until fragrant.
- Add the honey, coconut aminos and sesame oil, and whisk together.
- Pour the slurry (water+starch) into the pot, and whisk to combine. Let the sauce heat and thicken, keeping an eye on it and stirring occasionally.
- Once the sauce has thickened, pour it over the cooked chicken, and toss to coat evenly.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or broccoli, with a sprinkle of sesame seeds!