I LOVE me some healthy dessert! This is a great option for a sweet treat that won’t leave you feeling guilty.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup (275g) cold sweet potato puree*
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ cup date paste
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp arrowroot flour
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp ancho chile powder
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup raw pecans, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup date paste
- ½ cup all natural halzelnut butter
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- Generous pinch Himalayan salt
- Preheat your oven to 375F. Grease a 9” square baking pan with coconut oil and line pan with parchment paper, leaving enough extra to extend over the sides.
- In the bowl of your food processor, combine avocado, sweet potato puree, unsweetened applesauce, date paste and vanilla and process until smooth and creamy. Add cacao powder and again, process until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at at time, processing until smooth between each addition.
- In a large mixing bowl, add coconut flour, arrowroot flour, salt, ancho chile, and baking soda and stir with a wisk until well combined then add to your food processor and, you guessed it, process until smooth.
- Add pecans and pulse a few times just to mix them in.
- Transfer to your prepared pan. Spread batter evenly and bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out almost clean.
- Set brownies on a wire rack to cool for 15-20 minutes then transfer to fridge to cool completely, about an hour.
- Prepare the icing by adding all the ingredients to the bowl of your food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour over brownies and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Place the brownies in the fridge and chill completely, at least 8 hours, preferably overnight. Sprinkle with a handful of coarsely chopped pecans, if desired. Cut into squares.
- These brownies seem to get even better and richer tasting after sitting in the fridge for a few days…