Usually, when I make chicken or any kind of meat in the crockpot, I find it comes out pretty dry. This recipe is really easy, incredibly delicious, and most importantly very moist! Creating the platform on the bottom using carrots helps to lift the roaster off the bottom of the pot to allow the juices to drip and simmer. Just throw it in the crockpot in the morning and you will have a complete meal waiting at dinner time. Click below to watch the video for this simple recipe! Enjoy!
This chili recipe from Eatingwell.com is so tasty! It’s filling, comforting and the perfect winter crockpot meal!
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium-large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle chile (see Note)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2½ cups water
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
Check out the EatingWell website for the full recipe!
I can’t believe September is almost over! One last crock pot recipe to close out the month. This one looks like the perfect way to try something out of the ordinary, and incorporate my beloved pumpkin!
SLOW COOKER PUMPKIN COCONUT CURRY
- 1 15-ounce can of unsweetened coconut milk (full fat, not light)
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric powder
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups 1-inch cubed sweet potatoes
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Juice of 1 lime
In the insert of a 4-quart or larger slow cooker , add the coconut milk, pumpkin puree, chicken stock, curry powder, tumeric powder, garam masala, salt, and pepper. Whisk together to make sure it is all combined and spices are evenly distributed.
Add the onion, garlic, carrots, sweet potatoes, chicken breasts, and lime juice to the mixture. Stir to coat and incorporate.
Cook on low for 6 hours.
Serve over rice!
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to seven days.
A perfect, clean slow cooker recipe to transition into fall! Veggies, protein and slow cooker convenience = winning!
Author: Fit SlowCooker Queen
Serves: 4 servings
1 spaghetti squash (approximately 2 lbs)
1 lb chicken breasts, cubed
24 ounces marinara/pasta sauce
4 tsp Italian seasoning
2 garlic cloves, minced
Cut spaghetti squash in half crosswise and scoop out the seeds.
Pour pasta sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Add spaghetti squash
Add chicken and seasonings.
Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 5-6
5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Spaghetti Squash & Chicken
A perfect fall crockpot meal!!! Enjoy!
For your crockpot
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 lb chicken breast
½ cup chicken broth (use a little more if you want it more “soupy”)
1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 yellow onion, sliced or diced
½ (14 oz) jar of roasted red peppers
2 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed (just smash it was the side of a knife)
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin powder
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
pepper, to taste
For your cilantro rice
3-4 tablespoons cilantro, diced
1 head of cauliflower
½ lime, juiced squeezed
1 tablespoon olive oil
pinch of salt
Pull out your hand dandy crockpot. People have been asking for more crockpot recipes so HEAR YA GO!!!! hooooooo ray!
Literally throw all your crockpot ingredients into the crockpot. Mix around. Turn on high for 3.5-4 hours or until your chicken is shredable (is that a word?) with two forks. I love shredded meat.
When your crockpot only has about 30 minutes to go, preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
Pull out a baking dish to prepare your cauliflower. Pull off all the leaves and cut off the stem, then dice your cauliflower into smaller florets and place in baking dish.
Sprinkle with olive oil and salt. Put in oven and baking for 20-25 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
Once the cauliflower is done cooking, grab your food processor with the shredding attachment. Add cauliflower and rice it up!
Add riced cauliflower to a bowl. Chop your cilantro and add that right into your rice. Squeeze some lime juice over the top and mix together.
Once your chicken is all cooked in your crockpot, take a fork and shred the chicken directly in the crockpot. Then pour ingredients over cauliflower rice. Slice an avocado and put that on top.
Mexican Chicken Soup/Stew over Cilantro Lime Rice
Every time I make this turkey chili recipe, my guests love it! It’s an easy, one pot meal that freezes well and is great to bring along to dinner parties, game day or any time you want to bring along something healthy!
- 2 tbs chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon of onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon of oregano
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa
- 1 ½ teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ yellow onion
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 lb of ground turkey
- 2 cloves minced fresh garlic
- 1 bell pepper – combine half of green, red and orange peppers
- 1 can of kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 small can of tomato paste (in case it comes out too soupy)
Sauté and brown the ground turkey in the olive oil with the fresh
garlic, bell peppers and ½ onion. Once browned, combine the tomato
sauce with chicken stock and all the seasonings and remaining ingredients and cook on low on the stove (2 hours) or slow cooker for
up to 4 hours. Depending upon thickness after 2 hours, I add tomato
paste if it looks soupy.
I love a good crockpot meal! Even though the weather has been milder in NJ, I have been collecting great crockpot recipes that are warming and hearty for when winter inevitably arrives. I have always enjoyed ropa vieja, but it can contain some less than healthy seasonings and ingredients. I was so glad to find a clean recipe from PaleOMG so I can enjoy this delicious dish!
- 1.5-2lbs chuck roast
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 head of cauliflower, stem removed and roughly chopped
- 3 thick sliced of bacon, diced
- 1 (4 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Pull out your handy dandy crock pot.
- Add your onions and peppers to the bottom of the crockpot.
- Plop your chuck roast on top and cut 4 deep slices into the chuck roast and push your garlic cloves into the roast.
- Now add all your spices and salt and pepper.Then add your tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, capers, and bay leaf to the rest of the crockpot.
- Place on low for 6-8 hours or high for 5-7 hours.
- When your ropa vieja is almost done, it’s time to cook your rice
- Add your chopped cauliflower to a food processor with the shredding attachment. And rice all the cauliflower up.
- Add your diced bacon to a large saucepan and cook down up bacon has browned and cooked almost completely through.
- Then add your cauliflower, tomato sauce and spices to the saucepan. Mix thoroughly then cover.
- Let cook for about 10-12 minutes, stirring randomly to help incorporate all the flavors.
- Once your ropa vieja is done cooking, use a couple fork to shred your beef in the crockpot. Serve ropa vieja on top of cuban cauliflower rice
Crockpot Ropa Vieja with Cuban Style Rice
This is on my menu for this week! The perfect healthy comfort food dish!
- Season arrowroot flour with black pepper in a bowl and add the chicken and coat well.
- Melt coconut oil in a large fry pan on moderate heat.. Add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes until browned on all sides. Remove chicken and add to slow cooker.
- Mix rest of the ingredients (except cashews) in a small bowl and pour over chicken and toss to coat. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
Once you are ready to serve, stir the cashews into chicken and sauce and serve with your favorite side.