This recipe is VERY kid friendly – they ALWAYS ask for seconds! A great way to sneak in extra veggies and stay warm in the winter!
Pasta E Fagioli Soup ala Trina – Instant Pot Friendly
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
4 cloves garlic (minced)
1 yellow onion (diced)
2 carrots (peeled and diced)
3 ribs celery (finely chopped)
1 28-oz. can no salt added crushed tomatoes
5 cups chicken bone broth (or vegetable broth if you’re vegan)
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 bay leaf
1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 15-oz. cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup gluten free elbow macaroni (dry) – we like brown rice pasta from jovial
Heat the oil in your instant pot on the sauté setting. Add the garlic, celery, onion, and carrots. Cook until veggies are just soft, then turn off the pot and add remaining ingredients (except for pasta). Close the lid and cook on “soup” setting for 30 minutes. While the soup cooks, prepare your pasta on the stovetop according to the directions on the box. Once soup is ready, remove the bay leaf, add the pasta to the soup, and you’re ready to go! You can add parmesan cheese if you like, or leave it off if you’re vegan or dairy free!
This is a great soup for the fall! So delicious, healthy and comforting on a cool fall day!
- 6 cups pumpkin flesh, cut into cubes;
- 2 onions, chopped (about 2 cups);
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and chopped;
- 2 cups apple chunks, peeled and cored;
- 4 garlic cloves, minced;
- 4 cups chicken stock;
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk;
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- ¼ tsp. ground sage;
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika;
- ½ tsp. ground cumin;
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper;
- 1 pinch cinnamon;
- 2 tbsp. Paleo cooking fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste;
- Heat some cooking fat in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
- Add the pumpkin, carrot, and apple, and cover with the chicken stock.
- Add the cumin, thyme, sage, paprika, cayenne pepper and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then lower the heat to medium and let it simmer 30 to 40 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Using a food processor, process in batches to the consistency of a purée.
- Bring the soup back to the saucepan. Add the coconut milk, combine and season again with salt and pepper to taste. Warm up the soup again a little bit.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon over top before serving.
Pumpkin Soup With Apple And Spices
This recipe is one of my favorites. I usually make it once a week because it’s very quick and easy to make, and it’s a complete, balanced one pot meal. I use my instant pot but you could also make this on a stovetop as well. Watch & enjoy!
Click here to watch the video and get the recipe for: butternut-squash-soup