Coconut oil is seriously one of my favorite things on the planet! It has so many uses! I use it in my skincare regimen, I cook with it, I use it to heal what ails me. The list goes on! When purchasing coconut oil, I always recommend looking for organic, unrefined virgin coconut oil (ideally in a glass jar rather than plastic). Here are a few of my favorite uses for this miracle product. We never go a day without it in my home!
- Diaper Cream: Safe for cloth diapers!
- Eye Makeup Remover: Simply apply some coconut oil to a cotton round and wipe away!
- Cooking: It has a high smoke point and is great for baking, replacing butter or in a stir fry. I LOVE making my eggs with coconut oil. Yum!
- Massage oil
- Natural sexual lubricant
- Cradle Cap: Simply rub in, let sit for a few minutes, then comb out
- Eczema: Apply regularly throughout the day to affected areas
- Chapstick to heal dry lips
- Natural SPF 4
- Oil pulling: Swish a TBSP of oil in your mouth for 20 minutes first thing in the morning, before putting anything else in your mouth. Then spit into the trash and brush your teeth.
- Stimulate hair growth: Rub into your scalp
- Nutrition: A great source for healthy fat
- Moisturizer: Great for dry skin!
There are a million uses for this versatile oil. Get creative and start using coconut oil in your home today. You will be so glad you did!