This is on my menu for this week! The perfect healthy comfort food dish!
- 1/4 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 lb boneless skinless Chicken Thigh, cut into small pieces
- 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste, organic preferably
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 2 pieces Garlic, cloves
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Root, minced
- 1/4 tsp Hot Chili Pepper, you can add more if you like it hot
- 1/2 cup raw Cashews
- Season arrowroot flour with black pepper in a bowl and add the chicken and coat well.
- Melt coconut oil in a large fry pan on moderate heat.. Add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes until browned on all sides. Remove chicken and add to slow cooker.
- Mix rest of the ingredients (except cashews) in a small bowl and pour over chicken and toss to coat. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
Once you are ready to serve, stir the cashews into chicken and sauce and serve with your favorite side.