Valentine’s Day will soon be upon us! I have been looking for a healthy dessert that I can share with the kids and my husband that is “Valentiney” (is that a word?). I came across this amazing recipe from PaleOMG.com and I can’t wait to try it! It looks out of this world!
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup arrowroot flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon coconut oil to grease skillets
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Coconut Whipped Cream
- solid portion from 1 can of chilled full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Skillet Biscuits
- Whisk the dry ingredients together until they’re well incorporated and all clumps are broken up.
- Whisk the wet ingredients together and then add them to the dry. Stir until the mixture is even.
- Grease two 6” oval skillets with the coconut oil.
- Using a #40 scoop (or just a big spoon that equals about 2 tablespoons), drop balls of the dough into the greased skillets. You should get about 7 drop biscuits for each dish. Sprinkle the top of the biscuits evenly with the coconut sugar.
- Bake at 350 F for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool then top with the strawberries and coconut whipped cream.
For the Macerated Strawberries
- In a large bowl, mix the strawberries with the coconut sugar and lemon juice.
- Set covered in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
For the Coconut Whipped Cream
- Add the hardened coconut cream from the can of full-fat coconut milk to a chilled mixing bowl with the honey and vanilla extract. Beat on high for 5-7 minutes, or until stiff peaks form.
- Store in the refrigerator until just before serving.