These breakfast muffins are a great, simple breakfast to have on hand for busy mornings. They’re tasty, kid-friendly and packed with protein and veggies. The perfect way to start your day!
- 9 large eggs
- 8 ounces chopped chicken or turkey sausage
- 1 red, green, or yellow pepper
- ½ cup frozen spinach or kale, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, coat your muffin tin with coconut oil or use silicone muffin liners for easy clean up. Set aside.
- Brown the chicken or turkey sausage in a medium-sized pan over medium-heat. Chop into small pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and then add in the chopped sausage, peppers, spinach and pepper. Pour the batter into the muffin tins, filling ¾ of the way. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, use a knife to loosen from the sides.
These can be frozen and reheated for quick breakfasts on the go in the morning.