- 8 sweet potatoes;
- 1 lb. large raw shrimp, deveined and tails removed, cut into thirds;
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled;
- 4 garlic cloves, minced;
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced; (keep some of the green for garnishing)
- 1 tbsp. paprika;
- 2 tbsp. chili powder;
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano;
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper;
- 6 tbsp. ghee (clarified butter);
- Paleo cooking fat;
- olive oil, to coat the potatoes;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- Preheat your oven to 450 F.
- Rub the potatoes with the olive oil, place them on a baking sheet and bake for about 40 to 45 minutes or until soft.
- While the potatoes are baking; over a medium high fire, melt some cooking fat and add the garlic and the green onions. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the green onions and garlic, cook for 2 to 3 minutes then add the paprika, chili powder, dried oregano and cayenne pepper. Stir and cook until shrimp are done, about another 2 to 3 minutes.
- When the potatoes are done, let them cool down and leave the oven on.
- Slice the potatoes in half horizontally and carefully scoop out the flesh into a big bowl, making sure to keep the skins.
- Mash the sweet potatoes until smooth then add the crumble bacon, the shrimp mixture, the ghee, season to taste and combine everything well.
- Stuff the potato skins with the filling, return to the oven and cook for another 15 minutes.
- When done remove from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining green onions.
Bacon-Shrimp Stuffed Sweet Potatoes