Serves: 3 cups
- ½ lb. (~250 g) raw shrimp
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ a jalapeño pepper, minced (optional)
- ½ an avocado, cubed
- Juice of 1 orange
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Juice of 2 limes
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and devein the shrimp, if necessary. Chop the shrimp into small pieces.
- Prepare the veggies: dice the tomato, mince the garlic and jalapeño, and cube the avocado. If you want the ceviche to be spicier, you can leave the seeds in or add more jalapeño.
- Mix the shrimp, tomato, garlic, jalapeño and avocado in a bowl. Squeeze the citrus juice on top and combine. There should be enough liquid to cover the shrimp.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or until the shrimp has turned from translucent to opaque.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste and top with chopped cilantro.