This easy Slow Cooker Paleo Beef Stew recipe requires minimal prep and is so delicious and hearty with tender beef, tasty vegetables, and savory seasoning that even kids love it!
Author: Erika Bragdon
Serves: 6-8 servings
- 2-3 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1” cubes
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 large sweet potatoes, chopped
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 4 cups chopped carrots
- 3 cups celery, chopped
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cups beef broth, divided
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 2 Tbsp basil
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp tapioca starch (flour)
- 1 bay leaf, optional
- Brown the beef stew in a dutch oven with the olive oil; drain.
- In the meantime, chop the vegetables.
- Put the sweet potatoes and onion in the bottom of your slow cooker. Add the browned beef, then the celery, carrots, garlic, diced tomatoes, and 3 cups of the broth. Sprinkle the parsley, basil, salt, and pepper on top.
- In a measuring glass, add the remaining 1 cup of beef broth and mix with the tapioca starch. Whisk until blended, then pour over the top of the stew.
- Cook on high for about 4 hours or slow for 7-8 hours (depending on your slow cooker.)