I can’t believe September is almost over! One last crock pot recipe to close out the month. This one looks like the perfect way to try something out of the ordinary, and incorporate my beloved pumpkin!
SLOW COOKER PUMPKIN COCONUT CURRY
- 1 15-ounce can of unsweetened coconut milk (full fat, not light)
- 2 cups pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric powder
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 cups 1-inch cubed sweet potatoes
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Juice of 1 lime
In the insert of a 4-quart or larger slow cooker , add the coconut milk, pumpkin puree, chicken stock, curry powder, tumeric powder, garam masala, salt, and pepper. Whisk together to make sure it is all combined and spices are evenly distributed.
Add the onion, garlic, carrots, sweet potatoes, chicken breasts, and lime juice to the mixture. Stir to coat and incorporate.
Cook on low for 6 hours.
Serve over rice!
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to seven days.