Valerian Root is a fabulous and powerful herb that has many great health benefits. I have recommended this herb to many clients and have been thrilled with the changes they see when incorporating valerian root into their health routines. So what are some of the benefits, you may ask?
- Better sleep
- Valerian root, taken over time, may have a cumulative effect on improving sleep. Be sure to try taking for at least 30 days to determine if it is effective for you.
- If using valerian for insomnia issues, take your capsules about 1-2 hours before bedtime for maximum efficacy
- Aids in healthy digestion
- Valerian has been used to help prevent stomach spasms, colic, cramps, bloating and diarrhea
- Reduced anxiety
- If using valerian for reducing anxiety, you can take your recommended doe about 3 times per day, spaced out throughout the day
- Calming/Natural sedative
- Valerian’s ability to promote relaxation and better sleep makes it a natural choice for those who require additional support to help relax or calm themselves
- Improve focus/reduce hyperactivity in children
- Because of its naturally calming effects, valerian can be an effective and natural alternative for children who suffer from hyperactivity.
Here are a few reliable brands of organic valerian root:
As with any herbal supplement, it is always best to check with your herbalist or medical practitioner before beginning a regimen. However, when taken properly and consistently, valerian can really have some wonderfully positive effects on your health!
DISCLAIMER: The information contained on this site is not provided by medical professionals and is provided for informational purposes only. The information on this site is not meant to substitute consulting with your podiatrist, doctor or other health care professional. The information available on or through this site is in no way intended to diagnose, influence treatment or cure any foot or other health problems nor is it a substitute for the services or advice of a podiatrist, physician, or health professional. You should always consult a physician licensed in your state in all matters relating to your health.