I LOVE ICE CREAM! There…I said it! Who doesn’t??? However, I don’t love what it does to my waistline. This recipe is paleo friendly and very easy to make at home in your high-powered blender and ice cream maker.
- 1 can full fat coconut cream
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- Place all ingredients into a high powered blender (like Vitamix or Blendtec).
- Blend on high for 30 seconds until smooth (no clumps). Mix in chocolate chips after blending is complete.
- Turn on your ice cream maker.
- Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker while it’s moving and let it churn for 20-25 minutes until firm or is stops churning.
- Transfer to a freezer-friendly container (air-tight) and freeze for at least 1 hour, or until completely frozen.
This shrimp salad is a PERFECT summer side dish. It’s a huge hit at BBQ’s and parties. I always love a refreshing salad on a hot day!
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 tsp olive oil
2 limes, juiced
1/4 tsp kosher or pink himalayan salt, with black pepper to taste
1 lb jumbo cooked, peeled shrimp, chopped
1 medium tomato, diced
1 medium ripe avocado, diced
1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced fine
1 tbsp chopped cilantro
1) In a small bowl combine lime juice, onion, olive oil, salt and pepper. Marinate at least 5 minutes.
2) In a larger bowl combine chopped shrimp, avocado, tomato, jalapeño.
3) Combine all the ingredients together in large bowl, add cilantro and gently toss. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
I LOVE waffles and pancakes, but unfortunately I really have to watch my carb intake and make sure I eat high protein meals. That’s why these protein waffles are the perfect solution! I also love that my kids can get in their required protein intake with this all-in-one meal. Easy, nutritious and delicious!
- Preheat waffle iron and spray/mist with coconut or olive oil.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until smooth consistency
- Pour batter into waffle iron and cook for 2-3 minutes, depending on your waffle iron’s instructions
- Top with nut butter and/or fruit for added nutritional boost. Enjoy!
I love a nice cold, refreshing salad in the summer. This one is great because you can pack it up and bring it along to the beach. Serve it in lettuce leaves to keep it low carb and paleo friendly. This one is a keeper!
- 2 cups cooked chicken, finely chopped;
- 1 avocado, seeded, peeled, and chopped;
- 1 apple, peeled, cored, and finely chopped;
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped;
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped;
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced;
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil;
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice;
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
Click HERE to visit the PaleoLeap website for the full recipe! Enjoy!
I love a good zesty recipe! I especially love when I can find something that is healthy AND has amazing flavor. This recipe definitely fits the bill!
- 1.5 lbs boneless chicken thighs or breasts
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch*
- 1 tbsp water
- ½ cup coconut cream or coconut milk (full fat)
- Fresh cilantro to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
See original blog post for full recipe…enjoy!
I’ve been on the hunt lately for more crockpot friendly recipes that are paleo compatible and low or no carb. Bathing suit season is around the corner! I love the ingredients in this recipe because they’re anti-inflammatory and full of flavor!
Slow Cooker Coconut Turmeric Chicken
Author: Happy Healthnut
1 whole organic chicken, giblets removed and saved for stock
½ cup full fat coconut milk. I use this kind.
2 inch knob of fresh turmeric, grated
2 inch knob of fresh ginger, grated
4 cloves of garlic, peeled and grated
sea salt and pepper
Scallions to garnish
Visit this website for the full recipe.
I was looking for a Valentine’s treat that would taste amazing but not throw me too far off track on my healthy eating. I was so excited to find these delicious healthy sugar cookies!
- 2 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 6 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 2 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 1/8 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening
- 1/2 cup Raw Honey
- 1 whole Pastured Eggs
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Raspberry Juice
Find the full recipe HERE.
Usually, when I make chicken or any kind of meat in the crockpot, I find it comes out pretty dry. This recipe is really easy, incredibly delicious, and most importantly very moist! Creating the platform on the bottom using carrots helps to lift the roaster off the bottom of the pot to allow the juices to drip and simmer. Just throw it in the crockpot in the morning and you will have a complete meal waiting at dinner time. Click below to watch the video for this simple recipe! Enjoy!
This chili recipe from Eatingwell.com is so tasty! It’s filling, comforting and the perfect winter crockpot meal!
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium-large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground chipotle chile (see Note)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2½ cups water
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons lime juice
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
Check out the EatingWell website for the full recipe!