Coconut oil is seriously one of my favorite things on the planet! It has so many uses! I use it in my skincare regimen, I cook with it, I use it to heal what ails me. The list goes on! When purchasing coconut oil, I always recommend looking for organic, unrefined virgin coconut oil (ideally in a glass jar rather than plastic). Here are a few of my favorite uses for this miracle product. We never go a day without it in my home!
- Diaper Cream: Safe for cloth diapers!
- Eye Makeup Remover: Simply apply some coconut oil to a cotton round and wipe away!
- Cooking: It has a high smoke point and is great for baking, replacing butter or in a stir fry. I LOVE making my eggs with coconut oil. Yum!
- Massage oil
- Natural sexual lubricant
- Cradle Cap: Simply rub in, let sit for a few minutes, then comb out
- Eczema: Apply regularly throughout the day to affected areas
- Chapstick to heal dry lips
- Natural SPF 4
- Oil pulling: Swish a TBSP of oil in your mouth for 20 minutes first thing in the morning, before putting anything else in your mouth. Then spit into the trash and brush your teeth.
- Stimulate hair growth: Rub into your scalp
- Nutrition: A great source for healthy fat
- Moisturizer: Great for dry skin!
There are a million uses for this versatile oil. Get creative and start using coconut oil in your home today. You will be so glad you did!
DISCLAIMER: The information contained on this site is not provided by medical professionals and is provided for informational purposes only. The information on this site is not meant to substitute consulting with your podiatrist, doctor or other health care professional. The information available on or through this site is in no way intended to diagnose, influence treatment or cure any foot or other health problems nor is it a substitute for the services or advice of a podiatrist, physician, or health professional. You should always consult a physician licensed in your state in all matters relating to your health.